The Delta G.E.M.S. program addresses the needs of young African American women in grades 9 through 12 with a framework for the participants to discover and understand their individual brilliance by embracing the aims of the GEMS theme, Growing and Empowering Myself Successfully.
The Delta G.E.M.S. program includes monthly workshops and outreach activities to engage young women in experiences for personal development in the areas of leadership, self-awareness, community service and college & career preparation.
The Delta G.E.M.S. Youth
Initiative is designed for young women:
• Ages 14 – 18 who are in Grades 9 through 12.
• Who have potential, but need guidance, support and skills to achieve success.
• Interested in developing leadership skills.
• Actively pursuing college and/or career options.
• Need encouragement and support in pursuit of higher learning.
• Identified by the membership of Dallas Alumnae, community outreach events and/or former Delta Academy participants.
The GOALS for Delta G.E.M.S. are:
• To instill the need to excel academically
• To provide tools that enable girls to sharpen and enhance their skills to achieve high levels of academic success
• To assist girls in proper goal setting and planning for their futures high school and beyond
• To create compassionate, caring , and community minded young women and actively involve them in service advocacy and community service opportunities
2013 - 2014 Planned Activities
Community Service | Social Activities | College Prep & Career Workshop | Entrepreneur Workshop
African American Read-In | African American Museum Scavenger Hunt | Totally You Workshop | Teen Town Hall