Each year the Dallas Alumnae Chapter awards a general four-year scholarship in honor of Frederica Chase Dodd, a National Founder, who was also a Dallas Alumnae charter member. The amount of the scholarship is $10,000 paid in 4 year increments per semester. In addition, the chapter awards a one time scholarship in the amount of $500 in memory of our beloved chapter soror, Joy Woodfork.
To be eligible for the a scholarship, the student must:
* be an african american female graduating in 2017
* be in the upper 25% of her graduating class
* demonstrate financial need
* have good moral character and a record of service to the school or community
* plan to attend a 4 year accredited college or university (applicants attending junior/community colleges will not be considered).
Frederica Chase Dodd Scholarship Application and supporting documentation must be postmarked on or before Saturday, April 22, 2017 and mailed to:
Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. Dallas Alumnae Chapter Attention: Scholarship Committee P.O. Box 222051 Dallas, Texas 75222-2051
Click here for the scholarship application.